Fitness & Weight
The KewlFit line of Cooling Vests are designed to help achieve fitness and weight loss goals. These products are a safe and all natural solution to accompany the healthy diet and exercise one is already doing.
Backed by academic research KewlFit apparel is changing the way we think about performance enhancements and weight loss products.
Brown adipose tissue is responsible for the successful defense of body temperature without shivering (American Journal of Physiology). Brown Adipose Tissue is visible only after mild cold exposure under PET-CT scan.
KewlFit vests are:
- Specifically designed to stimulate BAT
- Activates BAT in upper clavicle, neck and spine
- Phase Change Management cooling pax provides consistent 58 °F cool temperature for to 2-3 hours
- KewlNeck attaches to upper chest via Velcro
- Researchers at Harvard University used a cooling vest set at 14°C and found that brown fat was reliably activated only during cold exposure and not through the drug Ephedrine.
- Activation of brown adipose tissue might lead to new approaches to promoting weight loss and increasing insulin sensitivity (Dr. Cypess NE Journal of Medicine 2009)
- Brown fat cells, unlike white fat cells typically associated with body fat, not only store fat but also readily convert calories into energy (Burnham Medical Research Institute)
- ObesityInAmerica.org quotes Dr. Cypess as saying, “three ounces of brown fat can burn several hundred calories a day” – Mild cold exposure can be a measure to prevent increases in body weight … Dr. Wijers, Obesity Journal
- A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine indicated that activated Brown Fat boosts the rate at which we burn calories by 20%
Weight Loss Claims
- Athletes who precool can perform at their highest level 10 to 20 percent longer than those who don’t, according Stanford University’s Stacy Sims, one of the nation’s top authorities on thermoregulation
- A cooling vest worn during active warm-up enhances performance and reduces thermal and cardiovascular strain (Arngrimsson – Department of Exercise Science 2003)
- Wearing a cooling vest is similar to the magnitude of the legal enhanced performance that athletes receive from altitude training (Stray-Gunerersen, Appl Physiology)
- Run time increased by 17% with precooling (Med Science Sports Exercise 1997)
- Pre-cooling can effectively enhance endurance performance (Sports Medicine 2012)
- Athletes perceived they sweat less with the use of a cooling vest during active warm-up (Department of Exercise Science 2003)
Fitness & Performance Claims